Dog Ramp - Take care of your pet
A ramp or stairs provides dogs a non-troubling way to get on and off furniture, also get in and out of the car without either of you having to struggle. Having a ramp for your dog is a cool way to show love and care for your pet.
A ramp for your dog proves be helpful in many ways. For example, if your dog is having some pain in joints, or if it is old, using a ramp is probably a better idea than jumping. Even smaller dogs would have less trouble and leaps each day just by having a ramp to climb up and down.
The best dog ramp for 2021
Dogs ramps are easy to carry. You can fold it when it’s not needed. It is superb for both indoor and outdoor uses. Dog ramps for bed helps your pet to easily go up in bed without making to much effort or jumping to high and If the bed is next to a window, it’s marvelous for your dog.
In start if your dog is not used to it, try laying the ramp on a stable area where it won't slip. It would be better if you keep the ramp either on a carpet or grass in the outdoors areas. Now carefully let your dog place its paws up on the ramp until it gets use to it.
Meanwhile, you should be careful about length because it may differ in size. For example, a dog ramp for truck may be longer in size than a ramp for bed.
The size of the tramp depends on its functionality. If you use it for multiple purposes, then you might need one with easily portable and foldable features.
Top rated – Dog ramp
WeatherTech PetRamp, Folding Dog Ramp for Large Dogs to 300 Pounds, Traction Grip Ramps Universal for Car, SUV, Truck
The WeatherTech Pet Ramp helps pets of all ages to access vehicles and various household areas. It also helps pet owners, who are unable to lift their larger pets without the risk of injuring themselves or their furry friends. Easy to use, the ramp simply unfolds into position, and the rubber feet at both ends help keep it from sliding out of place. It’s skid resistant surface includes specialized traction pads molded directly into the ramp help keep your pet safe and secure while going up or down. When not in use the pet ramp can fold down to an easy-to-carry and easy-to-store compact size, and with its lightweight construction and molded handles the Pet Ramp can go wherever needed.
Features & Specifications:
- The only USA made Pet Ramp that we are aware of. Ultra-high, American-made quality...The WeatherTech way!
- Lightweight - only 16 lbs. - and strong, designed to handle almost any domestic pet up to 300 lbs. in weight.
- Created from a leading edge USA made proprietary resin. Formulated for higher strength, durability and lighter weight.
- Designed with rubber feet on both ends, which were specially designed to help prevent the ramp from slipping/sliding on both the ground and your vehicle.
- The top of the ramp has a molded-in soft, textured rubber surface, to provide extra traction for your dog.
- The custom designed hinge provides strength, compact folding, and helps prevent hinge damage if accidentally dropped.
- By design the hinge end is flat when folded, allowing for easier storage.
- Integrated carrying handles on both sides of the Pet Ramp let you take it anywhere it’s needed.
- Easy to operate - simply unfold and place on vehicle/surface to be used.
- Durable and easy to clean - won’t rust or corrode.
- Pet Ramp measures 67 inches long unfolded and 15 inches wide, and folds to a compact 33.5 inches long.
- Pet Ramp weighs only 16 lbs. and supports up to 300 lbs.
Dog ramp for car - Jumping in and out of the car is bad for my dog?
It depends on the car and your pet, a slippery trunk, a small dog or a very tall car can make it difficult or affect the health of your pet. The best solution is to use a portable pet ramp and it is a great ally if your pet is no longer a spring chicken.
On the other hand, dog’s ramps allow them to walk and climb up to higher surfaces while having less stress on their joints. So, if you want to treat your dog, the best idea is to buy a dog ramp for it.
Technically, pet stairs look better for your dog than simply jumping on and off from high grounded areas. This put stress on their joints, and this can have long-term harmful effects on your pet health.
Stairs or ramps - which one is better for your pet?
This is the first thing you should take into consideration before you buy online. Start by paying attention your dog’s breed and age. The following pointers should help:
- If your dog is young and has a decent level of agility, then pet stairs should work great. You can also go for a wooden dog gate for stairs to ensure your dog uses the pet stairs and not the ones you use. Stairs are apt and suitable because they take up less space and are portable too, which means you can carry them outside if is necessary.
- Moreover, if you have a senior dog, a dog suffering from joint pain or arthritis, or even a dog with short legs (like a Dachshund or a Corgi), you should consider investing in a dog ramp for stairs.
How to choose the best dog ramp
When choosing a dog ramp for your pet, keep the following criteria in mind:
- Make sure the ramp has a gentle incline, so your pet can climb it quickly, without pain or discomfort.
- Buy a ramp that is high enough to reach tall furniture in your home, as well as your car.
- Similar to stairs, the ramp must also have an anti-skid surface, so that your best friend doesn’t accidentally roll off and get injured.
On a final note, whether you invest in dog stairs or a dog ramp for stairs, remember that you will likely have to train your dog to use them properly. Lots of training, along with positive reinforcement with the help of treats will help your pet master the climbing aids soon. Be patient, and let them adapt to the new mobility aid. The final result will be rewarding for both of you. Also, while you are at it, consider installing a dog gate for stairs, so that your dog doesn’t accidentally climb the stairs and injure the joints on their legs.